Last Updated: April 2021
Please note that as part of the Services, we may process information that is subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). When governed by HIPAA, this information is called “Protected Health Information” or “PHI.” Among other things, HIPAA regulates what our health care partners may do with your PHI. As a HIPAA “business associate” of these partners, RxFor.me must also comply with HIPAA when handling this information.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information from patients, pharmacy personnel, and healthcare professionals. These individuals may provide information about themselves (e.g., patients who use the Service) as well as about each other (e.g., physicians who provide information about their patients).
This information may include:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, and phone number.
- Biographical and demographic information, such as date of birth, age, gender, marital status, and information regarding any parents or legal guardians.
- Health and medical information, such as information about physical and mental health conditions and diagnoses, treatments for medical conditions, family medical history, and medications an individual may take.
- Audio and video feed, when you engage in our telehealth services. We may record your audio and video conversations for quality and training purposes, and to advance and optimize the telehealth program.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Payment and transactional data needed to complete your orders on or through the Service (including name, payment card information, bank account number, billing information), and your purchase history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with them.
We, our partners, and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G).
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service, including facilitating your interaction with pharmacy and health care professionals and fulfilling your prescription orders;
- process your payments and complete transactions with you;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and for public health initiatives, including to prepare for symposia, research publications, conferences, and scientific and educational events. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising. We, our partners, and our service providers may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you RxFor.me-related direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via postal mail, email, telephone, text message, and other means. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Online tracking opt out” section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Health care partners. The health care providers and pharmacies with whom we partner, including to provide our telehealth services and to fulfill your prescription orders.
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as coordinating orders and prescription fulfillment from pharmacy partners, hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and website analytics services).
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, RxFor.me or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties or the public on or through our Service, that information can be seen, collected and used by others. We are not responsible for any use of such information by others.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you.
Online tracking opt out. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through the Service, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, so you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Other Sites and Services
The Service may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use services providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may therefore be processed in the United States or transferred to other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by email at [email protected] or at the following mailing address: 1415 Queen Anne Road Ste 104 Teaneck, NJ 0766635.